Monday, June 19, 2006

Pixopolis















Saw cars over the weekend. My friend and I both
enjoyed the film for its heart and Paul Newmans voice.
I thought the animation was just amazing as usual.
I didn't really connect with the other "cars" in Radiator Springs though.
Their characters seemed flat and except for the VW Bus and Jeep I don't know
why they are in the picture or why we should care. The characters were stereotypes
that we've seen and joked about since forever which makes them very cliche. I wish they had
more personality. I much preferred the cartoonedversions of the cheering RV's. The Big guy with the little nose was hilarious.
I think the main reason I got pulled out from time to time is I kept wondering what are the
rules in this world. There are car bugs and car cows but they look just like the everyone else.
Spoiler Here............Its like if we said lets go cowtipping and suddenly we see grandpa snoozing away. WAIT we cant Tip Grandpa. It's Cruel! To be fair my other friends didn't mind it very
much. Oh well to each their own. All I know is The formula at Pixar is tight! Take any object
and put it in their story structure. Man it works on anything. Try it it's good eatin'!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark McDonnell said...

I agree man. Missed the character heart and thought the middle was REAL had to get through. Loved the ending if that counts for anything. For sure think . . . "swing, and a miss." Guess there needs to be a first time for everything.

MAC

3:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL!! Good take on the Cars theme, very wicked!!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Anand said...

HA! Me and Brendan have been laughing the past 10 min here looking at this. So Good.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Cholki said...

Thanks Mark, Alina and Anand/Brendan(lovely couple)

3:24 AM  
Blogger Mad Guru said...

Nice work! You really caotured the feel of the style and adapted it well to other...things! Rocks gets my vote!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home