Friday, February 16, 2007

The Animation Show

















Finally got to check Joanna Quinns exquisite "Dreams and Desires" . Just Wow.
Her Lucien Freud bulked fiqures quiver with life and personality. Oh I just love her
caricatures! Every frame is just felt. You might know her work in the states by
the Charmins commercials with a lovable bear squeezing toilet paper. Just charming. She
can sell anything with her animation chops. There 's a link with a interview on the
animation shows website
http://www.animationshow.com/AnimationShowJournal/Blog
check it out!

4 Comments:

Blogger df said...

hi cholki! Thanks for posting this Joanna Quinn stuff. I love her! I was lucky to work with her on a Charmin commercial at ACME. She is so sweet and talented! Wish I had known about this piece. Where's your new thursday night "Flapper" drawings?

9:01 AM  
Blogger Cholki said...

Hey Dee thanks for dropping by.
Thats pretty cool you got to work with her. I'm geeking out...
Yeah I just heard about her piece being part of the Animation Show. I loved Girls Night Out it's one of my all time favorite shorts. You can see a small sample of Dreams and Desires on her websight I believe.
Ooh I can't wait to see you Thurs.Too Cool!

3:02 PM  
Blogger 1 said...

I attended the Animation Show 3, I live in Minnesota. Dreams and Desires was one of my favorites, but for me Don's stole the night! Glad to see another blogger post about the show. :)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Mad Guru said...

Who doesn't like toilet paper?! Actually, I really love those commercials. It't great to know more about them, and their creator. How cool that she has a short..must see it..looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home